Welcome to Ballard Nature Center.
A place for outdoor fun and education for the whole family.
• Miles of walking trails (or running trails for the more energetic)
• Handicapped –accessible trails, pavilions and fishing pier
• A Kids’ Fishing Pond
• Large pavilions with picnic tables, electricity, and running water
• Natural communities: woodlands, prairies, wetlands and
• Exhibit room with interactive displays and a bird watching
• Large lower level meeting room, available for rental
• Library, containing scientific publications, children’s books,
videos and photo journals (non-lending)
• Interpretive signs punctuate the trails
• Naturalists – educators offer tours and presentations
• Arching wooden bridge spans a flowing stream
• Imaginary troll lurks beneath a woodland bridge